Selling Products, Changing Product Price, Tax & Discount, Lot number & Expiry
Table of Contents
Go to – Sell -> POS
By default, there is “Walk-In Customer”. You can search for a customer by name/customer id or phone number or can add new customer by clicking the plus (+) button “Add Customer”.
Searching & Adding Product:
Enter Product Name Or scan the barcode to search the product. If multiple products are matched then it displays the dropdown of products, selects the product from it. Or if there is a single product then it directly gets added to cart.
Changing Product Price, Tax & Discount for a product
- After the products get added, click on the product name to modify product price, tax & discounts.
NOTE: Option for different tax in products will be shown only if
- Inline tax is enabled. You can enable it from Business Settings -> Tax -> Enable Inline Tax in purchase and sell
Selecting Lot number for a product
- If lot number is enabled then it will show the option to select lot number. (Enabling Lot number)
Selecting Expiry for a product
- Expiry Date: If the expiry date is enabled then it will show the option to select lot number. (Enabling expiry)
To cancel the sales click on the cancel button. Cancel invoices are not saved in the system, so no stock will de deducted.
To finalize the invoice click on Finalize – Add the payment options and save it.
On save it will display an invoice printing option.
NOTE: For invoice to print correctly – The Margins options should be set to “Default”.
List of sales can be viewed from Sell -> List Sales.
List of drafts can be viewed from Sell -> Drafts.
Both Sell & Drafts can be edited to make any changes.
Express Checkout: Express Checkout means the sale will be marked as Paid and the payment method will be cash. No separate payment screen will be displayed. Printing of invoice depends on the business location settings.
100% Credit Sales
- To sell on credit to the customer you first need to enable this button by going to Settings -> Business Settings -> POS -> Show Credit Sale Button
- Then on the POS screen, you will be able to see a button “Credit Sale”, simply click this button to make sales on credit.
Half Credit & half payment Sales:
Suppose invoice amount is $1000, customers pays $700 cash and $300 is credit amount on him, then follow these steps:
- Click on multiple pay button
- Select the payment method and enter the amount paid by the customer. ($700 in our example)
- Click finalize payment.
- Now, the pending amount is automatically added as credit amount on him (or amount to be taken from the customer)
Draft & Quotation
This is useful if you want to create a quotation before sales.
Marking a sales as Draft or Quotations will not deduct the available stock.
You can view all Quotations & Drafts from List Quotation or List Draft respectively. Existing draft/Quotation can be edited to make it as final sales.
Suspend Sales means unfinished sale or hold Sale.
Suspended sales stock gets deducted from available stock. You can view all suspended sales by clicking on the Yellow Color button present in very top right of screen (above the date).
Some Use Case of Suspended sales
- In a grocery store, if you have suspended button, you can suspend particular customers sales and entertain another customer, when his comeback you can proceed with his sale.
- In Restaurant, you can suspend the order of customers if not yet paid, and finish it when they finish eating and paid their order, so you can proceed to final sales. You can put Table 1, Table 2, Table 3… so when they finish it’s easy to identify table 3 going to pay.
- In hotel lots of customers check in stay for 2 nights and order some foods and customers say, just charge to room 024. So you can suspend their orders and edit if there is some additional order and suspend again. Until final it when they pay their bills. on Hotel, on Reference Number: Room 009, Room 012
Card / Multiple Pay / Cash
- Multiple Pay: Used when the customer wants to pay with different payment methods like some amount by card, some by cash and some other payment methods. This option is also used when the customer doesn’t pay the exact tender amount and you need to calculate the Return Change.
- Card: Used when the customer wants to pay the complete invoice by card.
- Cash: Used when customer pay the exact amount of invoice by cash. If the customer pays less or more amount then the invoice amount then use Multiple Pay to get change return.
Adding payments from Contact
Go to contact -> Suppliers. Click on actions for the supplier and it will show “Pay Due amount”, click on it and pay the amount. “Pay Due amount” this option is not displayed if there is no payment due.
Adding/Editing Payment Method or Pay-Via
Rounding Mechanism for total Sales amount or total payable
Rounding helps to round the total payable to nearest currency exchange available.
To enable rounding go to Settings -> Business Settings -> Sales and choose the Amount rounding method
Amount rounding method
- Round to nearest whole number: It will round the payable value to nearest whole number. For example 1.49 will be rounded to 1.00, and 1.51will be rounded to 2.00
- Round to nearest decimal (multiple of 0.05): It will round the payable value to nearest decimal number which is multiple of 0.05. For example 1.49 will be rounded to 1.50, 1.51 will be rounded to 1.50, 1.59 will be rounded to 1.60, 1.54 will be rounded to 1.55
Similarly all other round to nearest decimal number works as per the multiplier.