Setting Email for Forgot Password & Other application-wide emails
Email functionality is used in some parts of applications like “Forgot Password”, and others from time-to-time.
But if you have not set up it correctly then you can follow the below steps to do it:
- Go to Business Settings > SMS CONFIGURATION
- You will find the below configurations present there
- Fill in the appropriate details, you can get in contact with your hosting provider for any of the values above.
- For example with Gmail it looks like below:
- Some hosting disable port 587 and due to that email may not work, contact your hosting provider & they will enable it.
If you’re using Gmail or GSuite it might throw some errors, check below for a solution:
- If you have 2-factor authentication enabled (almost all have this enabled) then create an app password for pos.
- More details here https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
- Create app password from here: https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
- Change port & encryption: Try using port 465 and encryption SSL