Table of Contents
2 types of thermal printers are available in the market:
- Thermal Line Printers. (Supported after SalepointPOS version > 3.19): Easy to Install & Use.
- Thermal ESC/POS printers: Complicate to install & use, also some languages & currencies symbol may not be supported.
×WE RECOMMEND USING A THERMAL LINE PRINTER FOR THE EASE OF SETUP AND GOOD PRINT QUALITY.
Browser based printing or Thermal Line Printers or Direct Thermal: (Recommended)
Thermal line printers also called as Direct Thermal, are easy to install & use. Also they supports browser based printing. For better result use paper with width 79mm.
To use a thermal line printer follow these steps:
- Setup the printer on your computer with the appropriate driver which comes with the printer.
- Go to Settings -> Business Locations -> Settings (green color button for each location). Here change the Receipt Printer Type to Browser based printing and save it.
- In the invoice layout select the Design as Slim
- To disable print dialogue preview, follow the steps mentioned here
You’re now ready to use the printer, no more steps required.